Innovator: Peter Hitchin (QLD)
The CLincHA is a device to tie concrete reinforcement bars together while the operator remains in a standing position.
Firing from a 200 unit magazine, the staple tie straddles the top bar and is then wrapped around the lower bar securing the joint.
Each tie cycle only takes half a second to complete.
The CLincHA removes the requirement of a steel fixer to:
- Operate in 'touch your toes' position
- Continually rotate the wrists and swivel hips to tie wire
- Clean the slab area of pieces of cut of wire prior to pouring concrete
- Saves time and money due to faster tying
- Reduces occupational health and safety injuries
- Reduces the skilled labour component on jobsites
Status of Innovation:
The working prototype has been thoroughly tested and is ready for manufacture.
Patent applications have been granted in Australia, USA, Europe, China, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Mexico.