Product: YabbiJab I.V.™
Innovator: Tim Silk, Jag Heer and James Pike (VIC)
YabbiJab I.V. is a training device that uses various materials to replicate the densities and thickness of human tissue. It incorporates mock blood vessels to simulate the administering of all major injection types.
- Accurate synthetic model - simulates all four human tissue layers. The design closely reflects the real-life process of taking injections
- Mobile - enables students to practice in the environment of their choice and to position it on another person’s arm to simulate the real-life process
- Inexpensive - less than AUD$100.00. Its American competitor costs US$441.00
- Total training package - includes instructional DVD, and a range of items associated with the IV technique, such as needles, syringes and alcohol swabs
- Full simulation - it is the only training device combining a variety of venous and bulk tissue techniques
- Reduced anxiety for students and patients attempting the procedure for the first time
Status of Innovation:
Sale of the YabbiJab I.V. commenced in June 2006. To date over 300 units have been sold including sales to one of the world’s largest medical device suppliers. A number of different sales channels are currently being pursued.