Product: Tranportable Space One (TS1)
Innovator: Nadja Mott (VIC)
The TS1 is a portable, modular and innovative kit room building system with a light steel skeleton structure that can be assembled in one day without heavy-lifting equipment. Inspired by indigenous Australia’s nomadic tradition of living lightly on the land, the TS1 combines cultural sensitivity with contemporary design.
- First prefabricated flat-packed portable building system whose components can be carried and set up by two or three people within one day
- Services difficult to access areas without heavy-lifting equipment
- The innovative mainframe design consists of two rectangular sub-frames, accommodating guttering, down pipes and conduits for electricity
- Renewable, recyclable and low-emission materials construction
- Telescopic legs for uneven site installation
- Modular capacity, providing flexibility in layout and size
Status of Innovation:
Australian and international patents have been applied for and a designed registration has been granted. Pluscreate is the current manufacturer of the TS1 unit and is applying for funding for product development and expansion. Two TS1 units have been manufactured and are available for hire throughout Melbourne. They were recently used as a Pop-Up-Pop-In-Pop-Out space at the L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival.